Monday, April 12, 2010

The structure of this course is extremely lacking and I do not feel it has been a very effective course thus far. This is a shame because I believe the information that is to be covered is extremely close to real-life experiences within the school. I don't feel that I am getting anything out of this course.
Everything that our group is working on now, which is the design of a professional learning community, are things that I worked on during my previous JHU master's work. It is somewhat good to refresh my memory.
I believe that this class needs to be re-designed for the next cohort. It is not a worthwhile course as it is.

1 comment:

  1. It's unfortunate you do not find the course worthwhile. As a practicing administrator this is the one course that mirrors the job more than any other course I've taken or taught. Although we will never be able to reproduce an actual real-life design that works for everyone it's disappointing you are not finding the course a benefit. I would be interested in knowing some specifics about how you feel it could be improved.

    I've commented that this is a course that could be improved if it was taught face-to-face versus online, but even online the collaborative process of planning and developing a instructional plan based on data is exactly what an administrative team does in the school house.

    ReplyDelete